Monday, September 22, 2014

I'm looking forward to taking my online teaching skills to a new level with Dave's BOLT101 workshop.  I like pushing the envelope in education, and I like integrating technology with the teaching/learning process.  Having whole online courses focused entirely on the discussion forum has always made me uneasy, since there are so many more opportunities with the technology to enrich the learning.  If learning is at all about a student's ability to assimilate knowledge by making it fit his/her learning styles and preferences, then we have provide more than one modality -- even if it is high tech.  Won't it be cool when the technology allows us to provide touch and smell capabilities along with the visual and auditory?

3 comments:

  1. Steve,
    I am happy you are along for the ride. It could be helpful that You, Jeff S. and I are all in this together down the road as we look into a Sports Leadership Master's degree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me old fashioned or even just OLD, but I'm not so sure that I want smell and touch to be impacted via technology. I do like the fact that technology makes us able to impact more students and to impact their learning in convenient ways. I am still hesitant to say that I can learn as much via online as I can f2f. But I may be wrong and I may be selfish in that attitude.

    ReplyDelete